Status: Part-time (13-15 hours/week). Set schedule involving days, evenings and rotating Sats
Contact: Nate Wyrick, firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please
Overview of Position:
Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks to support library operations and specific tasks as assigned by the Director and Public Services Manager. Performs opening/closing procedures and is the initial contact for all patron services.
- Assists patrons in finding library materials and in the use of public computers.
- Provides assistance with reference questions or refers patron to librarian.
- Sorts and shelves materials and shelf reads as necessary.
- Discharges and charges materials for patrons.
- Issues library cards to new patrons according to policy and procedure.
- Inspects returned materials for damage/repair, verifies due dates, computes and receives overdue fines.
- Answers the telephone and responds to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Warmly greets every person that comes in the door.
- Assists patrons with basic computer literacy instruction.
- Runs “Send Item” list using Sierra software and gathers requested items, prepares for and processes incoming shipping delivery.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills.
- Basic clerical skills (typing, filing, photocopying, scanning etc.).
- Strong computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe etc.)
- Ability to read and distinguish titles, authors and Dewey Decimal call numbers.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform detailed procedures.
- High School diploma.
- Should be a strong team player and have the capacity to learn the skill sets required of the position.
- All clearances required