Do you enjoy helping people? Are you an avid reader? Would you love to work in a small public library with a great team of creative thinkers? The Mars Area Public Library is seeking a part-time clerk interested in working in a busy library environment. We are offering an 8-15 hr. / week clerk position. (Hours would be Mondays 3-7 p.m., Thursday 3-7 p.m., all Saturdays or every other Saturday 9-4p.m.(10-2pm in Summer months). Hours could be subject to change and there is a possibility for additional hours. Starting pay is $7.25 hourly. The ideal candidate would be able to start early June.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working the front circulation desk.–registering patrons for library cards, processing customer holds and requests, checking in and out library materials, answering the phone, providing quality customer service.
- Shelving and organizing books.
- Providing basic computer instruction and assistance.
- Overseeing the opening and closing process of the library as needed.
- Preparing new library materials for processing.
- Assisting with special library events
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with the public and coworkers.
- Creating unique book displays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Familiarity with popular titles and authors preferred;
- Familiarity with online catalog, MS Windows and MS Office, electronic databases, Internet searching, and experience with library circulation software preferred;
- The ability to work flexible hours in accordance with the library hours of operation;
- The physical ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy loads (25+ pounds);
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record
If interested, please send an email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Library Clerk Position. Please attach resume, cover letter and three references. Packets received by May 15, 2018 will be given priority.