Do you love working with a wide range of organizations and individuals? Do you love capturing success stories? Are you looking to make a tangible impact in your work? Then consider joining our team. The Allegheny County Library Association is accepting applications for a full time Communications and Connections Coordinator. If interested please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references by April 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACLA’s Communications and Connections Coordinator will develop and manage partnerships that bring benefit to library service and ACLA-member libraries. S/he will oversee a range of communications in collaboration with other ACLA staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build relationships and coordinate connections with outside agencies that can complement and support public libraries and library service.
- Represent ACLA on task forces for countywide initiatives where library connections are constructive to overall project objectiv
- es (e.g., Live Well Allegheny and Community Blueprint).
- Collaborate with community partners and other ACLA staff to implement professional development opportunities for library staff.
- Adapt advocacy messaging into collateral for local library use, in collaboration with the advocacy team.
- Work with the marketing team to develop messaging.
- Manage and monitor social media platforms and analyze performance metrics.
- Oversee, in collaboration with other ACLA staff, the content of organization’s website and wiki.
- Prepare various writing and communications pieces, including grant applications, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty with satisfactory results. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functio.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Undergraduate degree in pertinent field (e.g., communications, journalism, public relations, public affairs, etc.). Minimum 3-5 years’ experience building connections with outside agencies, coordinating programs, and working with various communication platforms. Web publishing and grant writing experience desirable.
SKILLS: The successful candidate must possess outstanding oral and written communication ability, strong project management skills, and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people. Must also be proficient in the use of various software applications including Microsoft Office and versant in the use of social media tools.