Position: Youth Services Librarian
Part-time 25 hours per week
Combination of daylight, evening and weekend hours
FOR Sto-Rox Library is looking for a dynamic person to join our Library Staff. Part-time vacancy available for an energetic, team-oriented Youth Services Librarian with a strong public service commitment. Position will provide library service and programming for children and teens, including those with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Design, promote, execute and evaluate a variety of library programs for youth and their families/caregivers
- Professional Development/Technology
- Library Advocacy
- Development of children/teen collection
- Outreach/visits to local schools, daycares and similar institutions
- Assists in maintaining Sto-Rox Social Media/webpage
- Maintain public calendar for programming
- Collaborate with other staff on library projects and events
- Circulation Desk Duties
- Collect statistics on programs and attendance, and complete reports as necessary
Must have a minimum of two years’ experience as children’s librarian or Early Childhood Education/Development equivalent. Must possess the ability to work well with the public. Strong background in children’s literature and knowledge of emerging technology and child development required. Ability to multi-task, and be available for daytime, evening and weekend hours. All new hires are subject to criminal background and youth clearance checks.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sto-Rox Library is a component of the Focus on Renewal – a neighborhood cooperation organized for the improvement and betterment of the social, educational, health, and cultural environments of the McKees Rocks Boro/Stowe Township neighborhoods. Its mission is to empower the development of spirit, mind, and body of individuals, so they may live their lives in a dignified and fully human way. Unique from other libraries, the Sto-Rox Library is located in the Fr Ryan Arts Center – a fully accessible, multi-level facility with a vision of creating an environment that reaffirms the area’s traditions while expanding the region’s cultural and artistic opportunities. The Fr Ryan Arts Center is home to a theater, art, music and dance studios as well as culinary arts and educational programs.