from our community partners at the Consumer Health Coalition
At the Consumer Health Coalition, we run the PA Campaign for Better Care (PA-CBC), an initiative involving older adults with chronic conditions and their caregivers with a shared focus on education, coordination, and advocacy.
- We seek to empower persons to be active and involved in their health care so that treatment plans are coordinated, patient-centered, and high quality.
- We train individuals to be self-advocates working individually and corporately to create an efficient and effective health care system that has the patient as the “North Star” of each and every medical appointment.
- We spend time educating vulnerable seniors on the health care system and notably the Affordable Care Act and defense of Medicare and Medicaid.
One of the best and most successful ways we do this is through our “LIFT UP YOUR VOICE!” (LUYV) Advocacy training for seniors and caregivers. The training focuses on:
- Self-advocacy in terms of making the most of your medical appointments by getting tips and pointers on making sure the care is patient-centered; you are dialogue with the medical professional; you ask questions and get answers.
- Training on how to make your case and tell your story in 27 words, 9 seconds, and making 3 points! This has been one of the most sought after parts of the training! Folks learn the skill and love putting it into practice!
- Advocacy 101 — the WHY and the HOW of our health care system is covered. Learn tips and pointers on how you can create a more patient-centered, quality, system of health care.
Join us for a one-day training and includes a FREE meal and refreshments and a RESOURCE NOTEBOOK packed full of valuable information and useful materials!
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Time: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Location: Bistro to Go Meeting Room
415 East Ohio Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
To register for this event please call or email Leslie Bachurski at (412) 456-1877 x 200 or email@example.com — Deadline for registration is 22 February 2012.
Click here for a flyer to post and share with your organization and network.