Are you dedicated to excellent customer service? Are you a creative problem solver? Is multitasking your forte? Located in the heart of Butler County, Pennsylvania, the Butler Area Public Library is looking for a dynamic, innovative candidate to fill the full-time information services librarian position.
Responsibilities include the following duties; however other duties may be necessarily performed:
- Maintains current knowledge of new materials and services available to patrons.
- Performs reference and research for patrons in person, via phone, e-mail and mail correspondence on any topic or area using print, non-print and electronic resources.
- Monitors the public access computers. Troubleshoots computer related issues
Analyzes and selects information services for print and non-print resources.
- Explains, demonstrates and assists in the use of electronic resources including computer databases and the internet, as well as print resources.
- Perform collection development and maintenance for the Reference Collection. This includes working in concert with our technical services librarian who is responsible for the acquisition of materials, maintenance and weeding of these areas with emphasis on currency and relevancy.
- Manages the Library website, electronic resources, and all social media platforms.
- Assist with special projects involving Library programming and promotion and other outreach activities.
- Supervises department volunteers.
- Works two evenings per week and one Saturday per month.
The ideal candidate will possess a Masters Degree in Library Science or related field with 2 years of experience working in a public library setting. Knowledge of current public library management practices, excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated digital literacy skills.
FBI and Pennsylvania Criminal Background and Child Abuse History clearances required. Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required.
Beginning Salary: $30,000 per year. Includes full benefits packages.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2018. Please note the position title in the subject line. Resumes can also be sent to:
Butler Area Public Library
Attn: Lori Hinderliter
218 N McKean Street
Butler, PA 16001