The Millvale Community Library is looking to add a dynamic person to our team as a Library Circulation desk clerk. The ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality and have prior experience working in a busy library. We are looking for someone who is flexible, hard-working, organized, and most of all interested in a great job at an innovative library.
The Library Clerk/Youth Services will:
- Working the front circulation desk.–registering patrons for library cards, processing customer holds and requests, checking in and out library materials, answering the phone, providing quality customer service.
- Shelving and organizing books.
- Providing basic computer instruction and assistance.
- Overseeing the opening and closing process of the library as needed.
- Preparing new library materials for processing.
- Assisting with special library events
- Performs other duties as required.
This is a list of the hours of the position that would be required with other occasional hours as needed.
- Tuesday 12-5
- Wednesday 10-3
- Thursday 10-3
- Saturdays 1-5 p.m.
Other hours as needed
This position would be 20 hours a week.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with popular titles and authors preferred;
- Familiarity with online catalog, MS Windows and MS Office, electronic databases, Internet searching, and experience with library circulation software preferred;
- Be customer service oriented with excellent people skills
- The physical ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy loads (25+ pounds);
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record
A resume, cover letter, and reference must be submitted to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.