The Millvale Community Library is looking to add a dynamic person to our team as a Library Clerk-Youth Services. The ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality and have prior experience working with youth. We are looking for someone who is flexible, hard-working, organized, and most of all interested in a great job at an innovative library.
The Library Clerk/Youth Services will:
- Perform circulation desk duties
- May work with community partners including schools
- Interact extensively with youth on a daily basis
- Assist with youth programs
- Provide consistent excellent customer service.
- Assist with social media posts and the library newsletter as needed
- Assists patrons of all ages in the use of library services, equipment, and facilities
- Performs other duties as required
This is a list of the hours of the position that would be required
- Tuesday 4-8
- Wednesday 2-6
- Thursday 2-6
- Friday 9-2 (includes staff meeting from 9-10 a.m.)
- Occasional Saturday and other hours as needed
Approximately 17-22 hours per week, $9.25 per hour
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with children’s programming and prior library experience.
Applicants must have high school diploma or G.E.D. required, experience working with children, excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
The applicant must provide Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse History and FBI Fingerprint Clearances upon offer of employment.
No phone calls, please.