Grove City is a small community in western Pennsylvania that is half way between Erie and Pittsburgh. The library is an active and integral part of the community, serving an area of about 20,000 residents, students from Grove City College and a school district with four school buildings.
It is the mission of the Grove City Community Library to enhance the quality of life and inspire lifelong learning through literacy and creativity.
- The Library Director must be a macro manager of a well-qualified and established staff, with
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including: public speaking, small group leadership and written
- Create and maintain effective relationships with local businesses, government, community groups, agencies, local schools and
- Create a good working relationship with staff, Friends of the Library, the board of trustees, and patrons to support and further the mission of the library.
- Skilled in organizing, managing, motivation and evaluation of staff and volunteers.
- Must have a strong background in QuickBooks and budget
- Working knowledge of the Evolve cataloging
- Experience at grant writing and fundraising.
- Ability to define issues, discover opportunities, collect relevant data, establish facts and reach valid conclusion and present
Masters in Library Science or related field, Minimum of 3-5 years experience in library management position, with excellent customer service and strong computer and social media skills.
Special Instructions for submitting the Application:
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three professional references in the application. Copy of transcript, and complete criminal background checks, including Act 34, Act 151 and Federal Criminal clearance, prior to appointment.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 724-458-7332
Mail: Grove City Community Library 125 West Main St
Grove City, 16127