This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing youth and adult programs. Must have a passion for books, be comfortable with technology, and be willing to make a difference in the life of a patron who may not have opportunities elsewhere.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, inclusive of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Shift includes a minimum of one Saturday per month. Benefits include: employer paid medical insurance package for employee and optional insurance for family; lucrative paid time off package; holiday pay; free athletic club membership and tickets to various cultural events.
Program Planning and Execution
- Works with the Library Director to plan, publicize, implement and evaluates a year-round schedule of programs within the mission and goals of the
o Programs include but are not limited to Homeschool Arts/Science,
Story times and STREAM-based afterschool workshops, and various adult programs.
- Works with the Fund Development team to evaluate and prepare statistics on quantitative/qualitative measures to fulfill funding
- Involves teens in planning and implementing services for their age
- Utilizes a variety of techniques (book clubs, STEAM, discussion groups) to encourage library
- Organizes and implements outreach to local schools, daycares, and other
- Establish relationships with school librarians, teachers, community organizations and agencies to deliver literacy-based programming.
- Coordinates with interns and volunteers to assist in the planning and execution of
- Performs projects and tasks as assigned by the Library
Knowledge and Skills
- Understand the needs and abilities of youth and adults and the available library materials and
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a public library a plus but not
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with any graphics packages a
- Knowledge of Maker programming, STEAM based workshops, 3-D printing, circuits, coding and other similar programming
- Familiarity with the Remake Learning network community and other partnership program opportunities a
- Multi-task in a busy environment, and work with frequent
- Manage time, set priorities in order to complete assignment
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Listen to, understand and interpret information received from patrons in directing them to appropriate library services, programs and
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, associates, representatives from other agencies and the general
- Demonstrates a team-oriented
- Performs public service duties as scheduled, assisting patrons with questions as
- Uses diplomacy and tact to establish and maintain relationships with
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience mentoring youth from underserved communities. A background in education, social work and/or the library field is preferred. Service provider is subject to a criminal background check, FBI and youth clearance-check prior to beginning employment.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, program proposal, 3 references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org