CC Mellor Library is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic team player to manage our busy youth services department. The position has a 30 hour a week work schedule, Tuesday thru Saturday 9 – 4, with some flexibility for evening programming required. Salary is $18.00 / hour. Add details post CP
As our Manager of Youth Services you will:
- Provide exceptional customer service to youth and their families, assisting them in finding age appropriate reading materials.
- Maintain our collections for all of our youth, ages birth through teen. This includes consistent weeding of materials as well as selection of new materials.
- Schedule, plan and conduct programs for children and families.
- Identify emerging trends in technology in youth services. Implement and train staff accordingly.
- Perform and coordinate outreach to preschools and schools in our service area.
- Acts as an advocate in the community for youth and families.
- Masters in Library Science and 2 years professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy organization with a constant eye to excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Proven experience working successfully with children in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of current technologies.
- PA State Criminal Background Check / PA Child Abuse Clearance / FBI Criminal Records Check
- Driver’s License
About the organization:
Established in 1917, CC Mellor Memorial Library serves the residents of Edgewood, Braddock Hills, Forest Hills, Churchill and Wilkins Township with the mission to educate, entertain, and enrich our communities while providing state-of-the-art technology, programming and library services.
Our children’s library has a well-used play space and our youth department sees over 700 children a month in formal programming.
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Pierce at email@example.com by Friday, March 17.