CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7767
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER, INVESTMENT RECORDS
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Minimum of five years business experience or a Masters in Library/Information Science required.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Library Sciences, or equivalent degree with investment documentation management experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a business environment required
- Minimum two years’ experience with document management or market data systems/services preferred
- Knowledge of library management systems preferred.
- Understanding of financial markets and securities preferred.
- Manage the Investment Management Library operations for investment, regulatory, particularly Federated’s money market funds, due to Rule 2a-7, which contains approximately 22,000 credit files.
- Define goals and vision for the Investment Management Library and integrate industry guidelines into the business processes and information management process in the library.
- Manage business activities and processes of the Investment Management Library including resource allocation and workflow, planning and prioritization, quality assurance, process improvement, product development, content management, reporting and change management.
- Support the Investment Management Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and other investment personnel by providing value-added information and research services including customized information packages, news summaries, economic and industry data, etc.
- Conduct literature searches and answer reference questions for Investment Management personnel and personnel from other departments.
- Manage Investment Management Library personnel resources including oversee the hiring, training, and mentoring of the library staff.
- Responsible for the credit file process for the designated investment teams including gathering credit information on newly purchased securities, archiving documents according to established records management procedures and updating files with current financials and credit work.
- Conduct Request for Proposal (RFP) process for the planning and development of archival systems to support the requirements of Investment Management.
- Review, develop, implement and manage a customized automated archiving system, in conjunction with Federated resources, to document internal credit analysis, security evaluations/recommendations and other Federated-generated documentation.
- Generate innovative and collaborative ideas to manage library operations in a highly regulatory industry, using effective and efficient management practices.
- Serve as Procedure Coordinator for Investment Management.
- Conduct the Broker Approval Process by providing ongoing oversight to ensure that approved trading counterparties meet Federated’s minimum capitalization requirements.
- Provide materials for quarterly Board meetings by researching and summarizing rating changes of Federated funds by Value Line and Morningstar.
- Coordinate special projects assigned to the Investment Research Library.
- Ensure that Investment Management credit and research files meet SEC and Federated standards and perform regular audit reviews.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team deadlines
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.