We are looking for an organized, practical individual with extensive customer service experience who will help us carry out our mission to provide informational resources, programs, and services for the personal enrichment, education, and enjoyment of all citizens and for the betterment of the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Hire (with Director), Train, Supervise, and Evaluate circulation staff -about 22 Part-Time
Employees- in all areas of their job duties. Approve bi-weekly timesheets.
- Manage circulation functions of library; including staff work schedules, staff interactions with patrons, and all other work duties of circulation staff. Establish procedures for circulation desk functions.
- Work several circulation desk shifts each week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Independently assess patron problems and resolve issues using sound judgment.
- Regularly meet with rest of Administrative Team and Director to keep them abreast of status of circulation department, and assist with library-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to Administrative Team decision-making when required.
- Manage budget allocation.Assist with library programs and fundraising activities as needed.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of experience working in libraries.
- Supervisory experience.
- New hires are subject to fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment; evaluation at 6 months and 12 months.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting Salary of $37,790 annually.
- Excellent benefits plus a defined benefit pension plan.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to move and/or lift materials up to 25 pounds and push a loaded
book truck weighing up to 300 pounds;
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, climb, balance, and sit;
- Operate a keyboard at efficient speed and typical office equipment, including computer
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear;
- Regularly required to use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with
hands and arms;
- Vision and hearing at or correctable to “normal ranges;”
- Occasionally required to travel to attend off-site meetings;
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Mt. Lebanon will make reasonable accommodations to assure access to all persons. If because
of a disability you require an accommodation, please contact Robyn Vittek (see contact
information below). EOE.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Robyn E. Vittek, Director
Mt. Lebanon Public Library
16 Castle Shannon Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
Or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org