Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour Status: Non-exempt
Hours per Week: 10
The mission of Cooper-Siegel Community Library is to cultivate a community of lifelong learners. The Library provides a high quality collection of books, media, and subscriptions as well as engaging programs and friendly customer service to serve the educational, cultural, professional and recreational needs and interests of our patrons. The Reference Assistant role is critical to achieving this mission.
Job Summary: The Reference Assistant works with the Adults Services Department Head and other staff to provide exemplary customer service to library patrons of all ages at the reference desk.
- Provide reference, referral, and reader’s advisory services to
- Greet and assist patrons with directional and information
- Monitor public usage of the
- Perform other tasks as
- Ability to provide excellent customer
- Strong communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Knowledge of library online resources and
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Clearances required upon employment
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Library Science, or at least 12 hours of coursework taken