Pay Rate: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours per Week: 15-20
Benefits: Paid Time Off; Retirement Plan
The mission of the Cooper-Siegel Community Library is to cultivate a community of lifelong learners. The Library provides a high quality collection of books, media, and subscriptions as well as engaging programs and friendly customer service to serve the educational, cultural, professional and recreational needs and interests of our patrons.
The PR/Marketing Coordinator’s role is critical to achieving the mission of the Cooper- Siegel Community Library. The PR/Marketing Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and supports all staff and areas of the organization.
- Develop and revise as needed a PR/Marketing policy and plan that is shared with all library staff and board
- Develop promotional materials aimed at specific target
- Lead a marketing committee made up of library staff and volunteers to ensure broad promotion of library programs, events and
- Maintain and update press/media contact and publication deadline lists
- Work closely with library staff to write and distribute press releases, develop print and web-based media and create social media posts for library programs, events and services.
- Network with the community and develop connections to other community agencies/organizations.
- Increase community awareness of the library’s services, resources and value within the
- Attend training sessions to update marketing techniques and social media
- Compile any necessary statistics and evaluate PR/Marketing results for improvements.
- Maintain website content.
- Create content for the library’s website and electronic bulletin
- Design marketing materials for fundraising
- Other duties as instructed and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a public library or other non-profit organization
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Flexible schedule
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office, HTML, WordPress, Canva, general Internet)
- Proven graphic design skills
- Experience using social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Functional/Technical Skill
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- This position requires frequent sitting and using hands or fingers to manipulate touch or handle, rarely requires bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling or crawling, using feet or hands to reach, grip, hold, push, pull or
Tools and Equipment Commonly Used to Perform this Job
- Fax Machine
- Large paper cutter
- Smart phones
The responsibilities outlined above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, supports the mission, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Jill McConnell, Executive Director, at email@example.com . No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position