The Program Outreach Specialist is a 24-month contracted temporary position which plans and executes youth outreach programming for the Carnegie Library of Homestead. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing specific youth programs and activities based on the community’s needs and interests. The Program Outreach Specialist is responsible for coordinating with schools, community organizations and agencies to deliver literacy-based programming that promotes the Mission of the Carnegie of Homestead. Must have a passion for books, be comfortable with technology, and be willing to make a difference in the life of a child who may not have opportunities elsewhere.
This is a part-time position, 32 hours per week inclusive of daytime, evening, and Saturday hours as needed. This position works in partnership with the Library’s Program Coordinator under the supervision of the Library Director. Benefits include: paid time off package; free athletic club membership and tickets to various cultural events.
Program Planning and Execution
- Works with the Program Coordinator and Library Director to plan and execute a year-round schedule of youth outreach programs within the mission and goals of the
- Organizes and implements outreach to local schools, daycares, and other organizations. Establish relationships with school librarians, teachers, community organizations and agencies to deliver literacy-based
- Utilizes a variety of techniques (book clubs, STEAM, discussion groups) to encourage library
- Performs projects and tasks as assigned by the Library
Knowledge and Skills
- Understand the needs and abilities of youth, and the available library materials and
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a public
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a
- Familiarity with the Remake Learning network community and other partnership program opportunities a
- Knowledge of Maker programming, STEAM based workshops, technology and other similar programming
- Multi-task in a busy environment, and work with frequent
- Manage time, set priorities in order to complete assignment
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with superiors, associates, representatives from other agencies and the general
- Demonstrates a team-oriented mindset. Customer Service
- Uses diplomacy and tact to establish and maintain positive relationships with youth and
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience mentoring youth from underserved communities. A background in education, social work and/or the library field is preferred. Service provider is subject to a criminal background check, FBI and youth clearance-check prior to beginning assignment.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, program proposal, 3 references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org