SUMMARY: If you have a passion and requisite skills to inspire and engage people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds to read and learn, as well as to enhance their lives, the Dauphin County Library System wants you to be our Public Services Director. The Library needs a motivated and proven leader to be part of a collaboration among senior management, staff, trustees and volunteers to deliver exceptional library user experiences and expand access to library resources by forging partnerships with community organizations, educational institutions and local government representatives. This mission-driven career opportunity is for an enthusiastic individual with transformative vision, as well as boots on the ground abilities to create, organize, prioritize, administer, and evaluate.
* Master’s degree required
* Five years of supervisory experience
* Public library experience
* Demonstrated success in project management
* Excellent customer service and communications skills
* Requires independent transportation for travel to libraries, programs, and outreach locations
* Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
RATE OF PAY: $63,000 – $66,000 annual yearly salary
The Public Services Director is a Full Time exempt position.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should complete The Library’s application and attach a resume at https://www.dcls.org/