Swissvale Library has openings for 1 part-time adult services librarian and 2 substitute clerks.
Adult services librarian will
- Support adult collection development, including acquisition, weeding, and CollectionHQ and Sierra reporting and analysis.
- Develop, manage, and promote adult programs.
- Work along with other staff to market library services including with social media.
- Assist patrons with computer use issues.
This is a 14 hour per week position, paying an hourly rate of $12.40. MLS required. ACLA library experience preferred. Must provide state and FBI clearances and pass a drug test through Woodland Hills School Board, which owns and operates the Swissvale Library.
Substitute clerks will
- Work a variety of shifts when regular staff are not available
- Provide all aspects of customer services as well as some reference service and computer assistance
This is a substitute position. Hours will vary from 0 to 20. Salary is $10 per hour. HS diploma required, college preferred. Subs will have preference in any future hiring. Must provide state and FBI clearances and pass a drug test through Woodland Hills School Board, the governing agency for the Swissvale Library.
The Carnegie Free Library of Swissvale is the last of 19 libraries that Andrew Carnegie built in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. This year marks the library’s 100th anniversary. The library serves the people of Swissvale, Rankin and nearby communities with books, DVD’s, computer classes and programs. This busy public library is owned and operated by the Woodland Hills School District.
To apply, email resume and letter of interest by 12/15 to Kate Coluccio at email@example.com. No phone calls.