POSITION: Youth Literary Arts Coordinator
STATUS: Part-time or full-time, Non-Exempt
HOURS: Up to 40 hours per week, may include evening and weekend hours
REPORTS TO: Library Director
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
LOCATION: Father Ryan Arts Center
FOR Sto-Rox Library is looking for a dynamic person to join our Library Staff. Part-time and full-timevacancy available for an energetic, team-oriented Youth Literary Arts Coordinator with a strong public service commitment. Position will provide library service, programming and early literacy development for children and teens, including those with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design, promote, execute and evaluate a variety of library programs for youth and their families/caregivers
- Library Advocacy
- Assist with Development of children/teen collection
- Outreach/visits to local schools, daycares and similar institutions
- Assists in maintaining Sto-Rox Social Media/webpage
- Maintain public calendar for programming
- Collaborate with other staff on library projects and events
- Collaborate with staff from FOR Sto Rox entities to develop programming
- Circulation Desk Duties
- Collect statistics on programs and attendance, and complete reports as necessary
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Performs other assignments as necessary for the proper operation of the FOR Sto-Rox Library
- Minimum of two years’ experience in children’s library services or equivalent experience in Early Childhood Education/Development. ·
- Strong background in children’s literature and knowledge of emerging technology and child development required.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Must possess the ability to work well with the public·
- Ability to multitask, and be available for daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Act 33/34 clearances must be provided prior to employment·
- Resident of McKees Rocks or Sto-Rox community preferred
Applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.