The Western Allegheny Community Library is a vibrant and innovative public library and we are looking to add to the team! The Youth Services Department Head is a visionary and we are looking for candidates who will:
Job Duties Include:
- Develop forward-thinking, fun, and educational programs for kids and teens.
- Collection development for the department, which serves an audience from birth-18.
- Show a strong understanding of the role-of the library in the 21st Century; promote a culture of inclusion, and exhibit flexibility and a level head.
- Supervise and manage a 2-person staff.
- Create and expand dynamic community partnerships.
- Share a passion for the changing face of library services to new generations of learners.
- Serve on the library leadership committee and work collaboratively with staff from all departments.
- Continually grow as a professional and keep informed of library trends, locally and nationally and strive to learn and develop as a practitioner through workshops, classes, reading and conferences.
Working With Us:
Our library offers a unique work environment that is innovative, open, and collaborative. We strive to create the best possible experience for everyone visiting the library as well as our employees. We are a family-friendly workplace that prioritizes a good work-life balance. We offer paid time off for vacation and paid holidays. Western Allegheny Community Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is a full time position, 37 hours per week including evenings, weekends and special events. Candidates will have an MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school, 2-5 years of experience as a Children’s Librarian, and clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting. Pay commensurate with experience. We offer vacation, sick time, and holiday pay plus benefits. Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda Kirby, Director at email@example.com.