The Western Allegheny Community Library is seeking an amazing, vibrant, organized and self-motivated all-kinds-of-people-loving librarian to be our new Youth Services Department Head. This is a full time position, 35 hours per week including evenings, weekends and special events. Candidates will have an MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school, 2-5 years of experience as a Children’s Librarian, and clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting.
The Western Allegheny Community Library Youth Services Department Head is a visionary! We are looking for candidates who will:
- develop cool, forward-thinking, fun/educational programs for kids and teens
- purchase all the great books, movies, games, music and non-traditional materials for the department which serves an audience from birth-18
- show-off your professional understanding of 21st Century Librarianship, child growth and development knowledge, zen-like flexibility and boundless energy
- supervise and manage a pretty awesome 2-person staff
- multi-task like a superhero
- create and expand dynamic community partnerships
- share a passion for the changing face of library services to new generations of learners
- write impressive grants that get the library much-needed funds and attention
- continually grow as a professional and keep informed of library trends, locally and nationally and strives to learn and develop as a practitioner through workshops, classes, reading and conferences
Why You Want the Job:
- You’ll oversee a very busy and wild youth services department and manage 2 staff (1 PT and 1 FT).
- We have a book bus and you might even get to drive it (don’t worry, no CDL required!)
- Our library has been around for 26 years, but we moved into a new building 3 years ago and we are renovating this summer with a new backyard space and a new youth services department!
- This library is a forward-thinking, energized organization who’s striving to do things differently!
- We offer work from home hours and flexible scheduling.
- Benefits including health care and vacation.
- You’ll be working with an amazing staff that that are always looking for ways to make the library better!
Email cover letter, resume and references to Amanda Kirby, Library Director, email@example.com. No phone calls. EOE