The Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA) is seeking a high energy individual with a passion for developing networks and creating innovative programs. The Projects and Partnerships Manager oversees large scale projects and related grants and reporting. This individual also cultivates partnerships that support library services and connect libraries with County or State initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a quick learner, a clear thinker, familiar with Office 365 and other technology and comfortable with networking. The job requires an undergraduate or graduate degree in a pertinent field, plus several years of demonstrated project and grant management experience. Knowledge of the Allegheny County non-profit sector is a plus.
The position is full-time and involves travel throughout Allegheny County, with occasional trips to Harrisburg.
Email letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com by May 15, 2021.
The complete job description is below.
ALLEGHENY COUNTY LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
Projects and Partnerships Manager Job Description
SUMMARY: Coordinates a range of special projects; manages related grants as applicable; develops and manages countywide partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage special projects that bring resources and/or support to ACLA and its Member Libraries toward the aim of improving, expanding, and increasing accessibility of library services.
- Develop grant applications and manage related grant reporting that support the goals of the organization and the Member Libraries.
- Build relationships and coordinate connections with outside agencies that can complement and support public libraries and library service.
- Represent ACLA on task forces with outside partners for countywide initiatives where library connections are constructive to overall project objectives.
- Collaborate with community partners and other ACLA staff to implement professional development opportunities for library staff and board members.
- Participate as an active member of the ACLA Advocacy team; help adapt advocacy messaging into collateral for local library use.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop overall messaging highlighting the work of ACLA and its Member Libraries and the value of library service.
- Collaborate with other ACLA staff on the content of organization’s website, wiki, Sharepoint, and social media tools.
- Support adult services programming staff across the System.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty with satisfactory results. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Undergraduate or graduate degree. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience building connections with outside agencies, managing special projects, and grant writing.
SKILLS: The successful candidate must possess outstanding oral and written communication ability, strong project management skills, and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people. Must be proficient in office software applications and versant in the use of social media tools.