CC Mellor Memorial Library (CCM) is seeking an enthusiastic team player as part of our Adult Services Department. The position has a set 20-hour-a-week schedule, inclusive of evenings and weekends, with some flexibility around programming required.
- Schedule, plan, and conduct library programs for adult patrons
- Provide technological support to patrons on our public service computers
- Provide exceptional customer service and readers advisory to our adult patrons
- Maintain some collections for our adult services department, including purchasing and weeding of materials
- Perform and coordinate outreach to adults in senior living communities
- Bachelors degree
- Professional experience providing adult programming preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a busy organization with an eye to customer service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and public
- PA State Criminal Background Check / PA Child Abuse Clearance / FBI Criminal Records Check
- Must be able to travel occasionally for outreach programs
About the Organization:
Established in 1917, CC Mellor Memorial Library provides library services from 2 locations to the residents of Edgewood, Forest Hills, Braddock Hills, Churchill and Wilkins Township. Our mission is to educate, entertain and enlighten our communities by providing state-of-the-art technology, programming, and library services.
Our Adult Services department has traditionally been focused more on service to community groups than providing programming. The interruption in service due to the pandemic has created an opportunity for us to revisit our services to adults and we are eager to bring on a fresh set of eyes to help us with that task.
CCM provides PTO and retirement benefits to all employees. Pay range for this position is 10.00 – 14.00 dollars an hour.
How to Apply:
Please send you resume and cover letter to Erin Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday May 24th.