Job Description: Children’s Program Facilitator
Reports to: Children’s Library Manager
Salary: $12/ hour
June-August position (3 months)
- Assist children and adults in finding resources for pleasure reading in the Children’s Library and at other libraries
- Interact with youth and adult patrons in the Children’s Library.
- In collaboration with the Children’s Librarian, promote the library Summer Reading Program for children and teens
- Coordinate with community camps and other groups to provide in-library and outreach programming
- Plan and implement summer library programing both at the library and in the community, with a focus on Making and the Arts
- Assist in promotion of library programs through social media and other avenues
- Submit purchase requisitions to the Children’s Library Manager in a timely manner
- Communicate with Library Director about changes and modifications to the Children’s Library
- Answer emails and phone calls from patrons and staff regarding the Children’s Library
- Maintain shared calendars & files
- Track and compile attendance for all programs
Individual must be able to perform all essential duties described above and must meet the following requirements:
Education and/or Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Some college credits preferred\
- Experience with afterschool programs or summer programming with youth (birth to teen) preferred
- Effectively communicate (orally and written) with general public and staff. Ability to identify and communicate any issues affecting the Children’s Library.
- Understands the mission of the BCLA and has the ability to define problems, establish facts, exhibit unbiased judgment and initiative in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, policies and procedures, and programs for the Children’s Library.
- Exhibits dependability on the job with respect to being conscientious, thorough, and reliable in achieving the BCLA’s goals and the needs of the organization; this includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they develop.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume by email to: Rachel Brehm, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants should be able to provide their Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse History and FBI Fingerprint Clearance upon offer of employment.