Employment Status: Part-time (15 – 20 hours per week)
Primarily daylight hours with some evening and weekend hours
Starting Wages: $15.00/hr. Reports to: Library Director / Youth Services Coordinator
Part-time vacancy available for an enthusiastic, team-oriented Children’s Outreach Specialist with a strong commitment to early and youth literacy. The Outreach Specialist will work with community educators to provide library service and programming in the communities of South Fayette and Bridgeville.
- Design, promote, execute and evaluate community outreach programs and services for children, tweens, teens and families
- Build relationships with schools and organizations for the purpose of promoting early literacy, family engagement, library programs and encouraging community partnerships
- Be the key contact for specific outreach locations, communicating and scheduling with teachers or outreach directors
- Collect statistics on programs and attendance, and complete reports as necessary
- Assist Youth Services Coordinator with on-site library program preparation and execution as assigned
- Collaborate with other staff on library projects and events
- Assist with grant applications and administration
- Assist with fundraising activities
- Participate in continuing education opportunities and professional development
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working and interacting with children and families in an educational or community setting strongly desired
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to large groups
- Knowledgeable about children’s and young adult resources in all formats
- Demonstrated experience with computers and technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff and public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- PA Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance and access to a personal vehicle
Organization and Background:
South Fayette Township Library and Bridgeville Public Library established a partnership in 2013 in order to promote shared resources, programming opportunities, and staffing. The libraries are located approximately two miles apart serving the Township of South Fayette, the Borough of Bridgeville, and surrounding communities including the South Fayette School District and Chartiers Valley School District.
South Fayette Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make reasonable accommodations to assure access to all persons. New hires are subject to fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Ben Hornfeck, Director
South Fayette Township Library 515 Millers Run Road
Morgan, PA 15064
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org