Sewickley Public Library Employment Opportunity
The library is looking for an individual who will work Friday mornings and alternating weekends at the first-floor circulation desk. The clerk will be provided extensive training. The position requires an ability to understand policies and procedures and to exercise independent judgment. The candidate who is selected will need to obtain PA Child Abuse/FBI Clearances and successfully pass a criminal background check. This is not a seasonal position.
Circulation Clerk: The circulation clerk handles all of the transactions for patrons at the circulation desk.
Basic position requirements:
- Handles checking in and checking out of materials; familiarity with computers is highly desirable. Attention to detail is vital.
- Issues library cards.
- Provides basic and appropriate assistance to patrons at the circulation desk including collecting fines, renewing library materials, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and customer friendly attitude are necessary.
- Answers telephone and refers inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Shelves materials.
- Assists with other library functions as needed.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for prolonged periods of time and to push a book truck up to 75 lbs.
- Experience as a volunteer or user of libraries is recommended
- Computer skills required
The pay rate is $12.50 per hour.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
If you are interested in the position, please visit the library website here or come into the library to pick up an application. Applications and resumes are to be returned to:
Tricia Pennington, Circulation Supervisor
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn Street
Sewickley, PA 15143