The Western Allegheny Community Library is in search of a Circulation Clerk. The ideal candidate is friendly and charismatic, creative, familiar with technology and has strong time management skills. No prior library experience is required. If you have a desire to learn, we can train you.
Job Duties Included:
- Performing day-to-day operations of the circulation desk, including but not limited to greeting patrons, checking in and out materials, collecting fines, locating and processing materials for delivery, and maintaining records.
- Answering reference questions, addressing inquiries about library programming and registering patrons for events.
- Assisting patrons with basic technology problems and using the public copier/scanner and fax machine.
- Providing the highest level of customer service.
Working With Us:
Our library offers a unique work environment that is innovative, open and collaborative. We strive to create the best possible experience for everyone visiting the library as well as our employees. We are a family-friendly workplace that prioritizes a good work-life balance. We offer paid time off as well as paid holidays.
Western Allegheny Community Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- PA State Police Criminal record check, PA Child Abuse History clearance, and FBI fingerprints are required to begin work.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Flexibility in scheduling; this position requires evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Part-time, 23 to 34 hours/week
- Monday through Thursday 2:30 PM – 8:15 PM.
- Every other Saturday 8:45 AM – 2:15 PM
- Every 2nd and 4th Sunday 12:45 PM – 5:15 PM with opportunities to pick up open shifts (no Sundays Memorial Day through Labor Day).
Interested candidates should send resume to Norene Ruggiero at email@example.com