Under the direction of the Library Director, the Communications Specialist works as part of our team to inform our stakeholders of the programs, events, stories and services offered by CC Mellor Memorial Library (CCM). The Communications Specialist will continue the growth of the CCM identity through cohesive messaging and branding.
This 15-hour-a-week position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work both remotely and within a shared office space at our Edgewood location.
- Update and promote CCM brand throughout all work
- Coordinate, create and publish original content for our social media channels
- Manage website
- Evaluate marketing initiatives and identify changes needed to improve the library presence
- Consult with library staff to develop promotional plans for programs, events, fundraising campaigns, services and messages
- Create monthly email and print newsletters
- Submit press releases to community partner publications
- Occasionally attends library events to take photos etc for social media channels
- Bachelors degree with major coursework in English journalism, communications, public relations or related field OR demonstrated public relations and marketing experience
- Passion for public libraries
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and public
- PA State Criminal Background Check / PA Child Abuse Clearance / FBI Criminal Records Check
- Must be able to travel occasionally within Allegheny County to represent CCM
About the Organization:
Established in 1917, CC Mellor Library provides library services from 2 locations to the residents of Edgewood, Forest Hills, Braddock Hills, Churchill and Wilkins Township. Our mission is to educate, entertain and enlighten our communities by providing state-of-the-art technology, programming, and library services.
CCM provides PTO and retirement benefits to all employees. Hourly pay rate for this position is 13.00 – 15.00 dollars an hour.
How to Apply:
Please send you resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work to Erin Pierce at email@example.com no later than Monday May 24th.