Job Summary: The Customer & Account Services Supervisor employs a welcoming, patron-centered and energetic leadership style to provide direction, model outstanding service and promote positive team spirit among staff. Actively participates as a member of peer groups to advocate for the needs of the community, affect change, implement strategies and contribute to the long- and short-range direction of the Library. Works with their Library Services Manager to provide the best patron experience in their designation location and with the Customer & Account Services Manager to ensure system-wide adoption of CLP Service Standards and related circulation policies. Leads circulation and customer service functions of a bustling, diverse library location. Performs a wide variety of complex and experienced tasks in account management and problem resolution. Actively engages with customers to guide their information needs, locate materials and connect them to library resources, services, and collections throughout all locations.
Location: CLP – MAIN
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week; days, evenings and weekends required.
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Supervisor: Michelle Watkins-Library Services Manager, Customer & Account Services
- Understands and engages with library users to ensure their needs are supported and addressed through relevant services;
- Manages circulation functions of the library to ensure high quality, effective, community focused service in functions such as registering customers for library cards, collecting fines and fees, processing customer holds and requests;
- Acts as a model of CLP’s Service Standards to staff and the public, specifically working to regularly exceed service expectations;
- Works with the Customer & Account Services Manager to ensure system-wide adoption of CLP Service Standards and related policies in circulation and customer account functions;
- Make decisions in conjunction with the Library Services Manager for the betterment of CLP?and specific location/department using independent judgment?and?understanding of CLP’s strategic directions;
- Interviews and selects candidates for clerical positions across the system; Trains, supervises, assigns, evaluates, and provides feedback to clerical staff;
- Understands, advocates for, and engages with library users to ensure their needs are addressed through relevant services;
- Participates in system-wide activities, such as committees, teams and work groups and modeling behaviors in patronfocused service, self-directed learning, strategic thinking and planning, and personal accountability;
- Prioritizes tasks in an effective manner to ensure CLP’s goals?and?objectives are met;?
- Engage?and?collaborate effectively with a diverse public, peers,?and?staff;
- Prepares and submits monthly and annual reports;
- Communicates with District and other CLP Libraries to resolve problems, complaints and any library related issues as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required;
- Three years of related clerical experience, including leadership responsibilities;
- Excellent internal and external customer service commitment and skills, including the ability to regularly exceed service expectations with the public and fellow staff;
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Previous supervisory experience; ability to train, develop, and provide guidance and technical support to staff;
- Desire and ability to work with a diverse public and staff within diverse communities;
- Ability to plan and think big picture about community needs;
- Ability to work with basic budgets, purchasing, and money handling;
- Proficiency with relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, current audio-visual equipment; and office machines; Resolve complex database problems;
- Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus.
- The physical ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, push heavy book trucks, and lift heavy load (25+)
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Records Check, and Mandated Reporter Training upon offer of employment.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter at https://cssclp.sentrichr.com/?requisition=499 by February 5, 2023.