The Western Allegheny Community Library is a vibrant and innovative public library and we are looking to add to the team! The Early Literacy Outreach Specialist will be fun, creative, and committed to library service. We are looking for someone who is flexible, hard-working, organized, and most of all interested in a rewarding job!
Job Duties Include:
- Execute early literacy storytimes to nine area preschools and daycares.
- Plan cool and engaging programming for our youngest patrons (Birth-7) and their families.
- Work on a collaborative team to execute an extensive calendar of programs for patrons birth-18.
- The ideal candidate will be able to jump into already planned lessons including outreach and some in-house programs.
- Interact extensively with the public and give consistently excellent customer service.
Working With Us:
Our library offers a unique work environment that is innovative, open, and collaborative. We strive to create the best possible experience for everyone visiting the library as well as our employees. We are a family-friendly workplace that prioritizes a good work-life balance. We offer paid time off for vacation and paid holidays. Western Allegheny Community Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Bachelors in Early Childhood Education or related field, plus work experience with young children, such as in elementary school, head start, or children’s department of a library.
- Knowledge of social-emotional development in children and young adults and experience working with culturally and economically diverse families.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
PA State Police Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI fingerprints are required to begin work.
Job Type: Part Time; 18-20 hours/week; $15.00/hour
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Rachel Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org