Hours: Salaried, Full Time, some weekend and evening hours required
Salary: $45,000 starting
Benefits: The Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls provides a competitive benefits package consisting of medical and eye prescription coverage, as well as a matched retirement package.
Job Summary: The Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls is seeking a dynamic, community-minded leader for the position of Library Director. The new director will possess strong organizational and project management skills and will be responsible for planning, organizing, managing and directing all phases of the library operations in accordance with the goals, policies and budgetary decisions of the Library Board of Trustees.
In addition to overseeing general library operations, the Library Director will be responsible for researching, organizing, and writing grants for the library. The Library Director will also be responsible for coordinating semi-annual fundraising efforts for the library. Finally, the Library Director will act as a liaison to community organizations and businesses.
General Statement of Duties:
Fundraising and Grant Coordination
- Research grant opportunities
- Write, submit and organize grant proposals
- Coordinate awarded grants to insure the requirements for completion are met
- Plan and implement fundraising events, including a capital campaign
- Pursue financial support on local, state, and national levels
- Obtain corporate sponsorships
- Develop relationships with community organizations and businesses
- Represent Library at community events, staffing a table to promote library as needed. Format of events may vary.
- Lead, develop, administer and coordinate the work of the Library and staff.
- Work with program coordinators to present a broad range of activities for children, teens, and adults
- Perform managerial duties related to personnel, circulation, budget, and general library operations.
- Work closely with and report regularly to the Board of Trustees
- Develop and implement new library policies and procedures as needed.
- Review and suggest revisions to comprehensive plan as needed.
- Execute items in comprehensive plan as per Board of Trustees
- Engage in continuing education to deepen knowledge of library practices
- Perform related work as required.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field is required; an ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science is strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of progressively-responsible library administrative experience including at least three years in a supervisory capacity is strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with non-profit fundraising, grant writing and capital campaigns is desirable.
- As this library is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, experience in the non-profit arena is beneficial.
All library positions require the following criminal background and child abuse clearances: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, and fingerprint ID based on federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI).
About the Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls:
For more than 100 years, the Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls has served as a vibrant community gathering place. Today, we are still the hub of a resilient rustbelt community — but we offer more than “just books”! The library has hosted community events, organized learning-based activities for children and youth, and has been home to several local museums.
In 2015, we took our first steps toward offering a 21st century library experience. We implemented a comprehensive plan designed to bring together teachers and learners – a plan which will empower patrons through lifelong learning programs and the ongoing exchange of knowledge. This plan represents an exciting and innovative model for small-and medium-sized libraries in postindustrial, under-resourced regions. More importantly, it’s a model we know will serve our community well.
Interested in applying? Please visit https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=executive+director&jk=3cf65a05c5721821&_ga=2.98547807.1710051501.1667927017-370846139.1654697991.