The Washington County Library System Executive Director works with 14 autonomous, member libraries in a federated library system and reports to an 8-member board of trustees.
Historic Washington County, Pennsylvania is just south of Pittsburgh in southwestern PA and has a population of 207,211. The county continues to grow and offers access to many amenities for residents.
Full-time (35 hours/week), exempt.
Starting Salary: $40,000 – $42,000; includes vacation and PTO as well as opportunities for professional development. Flexible schedule.
Position can be work from home through 12/31/2021. An office is available.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for public libraries and public library services as well as the desire to continue the current culture of collaboration amongst member libraries and with community partners and agencies throughout the county. They will be forward thinking and creative in moving the Library System forward. The System is looking for someone with strong computer skills and an affinity for looking at data to help communicate the story of public library services to county officials and stakeholders.
- A Masters in Library/Information Science from and ALA accredited institution is required.
- At least two years’ experience in public library administration preferred.
- Strong computer skills a must: spreadsheets, reports, databases, word processing.
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to details.
- Ability to work independently.
- Clearances required (PA Child Abuse, State Police & FBI).
For the full job description: www.waggin.org/jobs
Please submit a letter of interest, resume’ and 3 professional references to:
Applications considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.