Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant will be employed by the Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA) to provide Accounting Services to the headquarters of a federated library system of 46 public libraries delivering service in. The Headquarters is currently providing accounting services to 17 libraries.
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports as well as supporting the daily accounting requirements.
Accountant Job Duties:
- Support Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Supports Annual Audit, which includes Balance Sheet reconciliation such as insurance accruals.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares invoices and other Accounts Receivable including invoicing libraries for services as needed.
- Reviews Accounts payable for accuracy to ensure that the appropriate libraries are charged for expenses.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special analytical reports as requested for grants and library follow up to financials.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manages reporting and tracking for Grant Management.
- Monitors unemployment issues and manages any tax issues.
Qualifications and Requirements
The qualifications and requirements of an accountant job are diverse depending on the need and standard of a business or organization. Here is a list of minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant accounting
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced working with non-profit organizations and non-profit accounting with current understanding of FASB rules.
- Experience working with online accounting software.
- Financial Edge Accounting Experience
Pay and Benefits
This is a full-time position with benefits. Hiring salary range is $42,000 to 45,000. Benefits include healthcare, 403b plan, PTO.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.