The eiNetwork seeks applicants for the position of Library Application Systems Coordinator. We are a non-profit organization providing technology services to public libraries in the Pittsburgh region. Our enterprise-class technology services include a wide-area network for 75+ locations, management of more than 2,200 desktops, and development and administration of multiple application systems including the Integrated Library System (ILS).
We are seeking high-performance individuals who share our core values to provide leadership and embrace change; lead and deliver excellent services for our library customers and stakeholders; and work collaboratively with our library stakeholders.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and delivery of the Integrated Library System (ILS) application and associated discovery layer or other integrated services. This individual provides technical leadership, project management, and senior level support related to ILS, ILS integration points, including the discovery layer and apps. This individual works closely with the ILS/Library Catalog team at eiNetwork and the Operations Manager to implement new services, and address problems or issues.
- Provides project management and technical leadership needed to implement approved projects and customer requests associated with the ILS and related application services.
- Identifies and develops service improvements and new service offerings based on data and stakeholder feedback.
- Researches and develops best practice models for efficient and high quality operations related to standard ILS and library customer requests.
- Leads and participates in user forums to seek and provide input about ILS and related applications’ enhancements, new versions, problems, issues, etc.
- Communicates and promotes service offerings to eiNetwork organization and customers.
- Evaluates, recommends, develops, and implements obsolescence and replacement strategy for ILS and Library core service hardware, software, and services.
- Drives efficiency and cost reduction associated with support of ILS-related services for eiN.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Collaborates with Operations to develop and document procedures for processes that support consistent, efficient, and high-quality service and problem resolution from the Service Desk.
- Works collaboratively with eiNetwork service line managers and eiNetwork Executive Director on organizational matters and special projects.
- Oversees other project and Service Desk assigned staff as needed. Mentors staff to develop technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Provides level 3 support for ILS-related services as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education/experience. A Master’s degree in Library Science is a plus.
- Three to five year experience in an information technology within a library environment including budget, vendor contract negotiation, and technical staff management.
- Technical project management experience with demonstrated ability to develop project plans, estimate effort and schedules, and oversee projects to their completion.
- Experience working in a library consortia or federated library system is a plus.
- Industry knowledge including trends in information technology.
- Experience with standard Help Desk ticketing and ITSM software. ITIL knowledge and familiarity is strongly desired.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and ability to work effectively at all organizational levels. Excellent customer facing skills.
- Previous experience leading or managing library teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.