This position involves diversified work encompassing all areas of library operation. Requires good judgment, flexibility, and the exercise of initiative.
30 hours per week
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree. Library experience a plus.
Certification Requirement: Must be able to get all child clearances.
Physical requirements: Must be able to stand for 5 hours at a time and lift 30#.
Salary Range: $12 – 12.50 per hour
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of library procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of the computer, digital devices, e-books and e-materials, and other emerging technology, and the ability to assist patrons and colleagues with their use.
- Knowledge of adult learning and the ability to choose, schedule and manage library programs for adults.
- Ability to manage the library’s circulating hotspots and chrome books.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Ability to learn and use Sierra circulation system.
- Ability to organize and carry out assignments, often determining the approach and methodology to be used.
Examples of Duties Performed:
- Assist patrons with computer use issues. Provide scheduled ‘computer tutor’ sessions.
- Develop, manage and promote programs for adults.
- Manage the library’s collection of circulating hotspots and chrome books.
- Support collection development with the use of collection purchasing and reporting tools.
- Provide regularly scheduled and as-needed support at the library circulation desk.
- Special projects as needed.
Carnegie Free Library of Swissvale is owned and operated by the Woodland Hills School District. WHDS is an equal opportunity education employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or handicap in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and section 504.