Library Clerk (Part Time) – Avalon Public Library – Avalon, PA
Avalon Public Library seeks candidates for a part-time Library Clerk position. Daytime, evening and weekend hours required. The successful candidate will be personable, energetic, patient, and organized, with an ability to collaborate with a diverse population including patrons, staff, volunteers, the Board of Directors, Friends of the Library, Borough Council/Staff and other community leaders.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required
- Experience working with the general public
- Excellent customer service and writing skills
- Knowledge of, or willing to learn Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to stretch, lift, bend, squat and remain standing for long periods of time
- Able to speak softly and hear in an atmosphere with ambient noise
- Available some evenings and weekends
- PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint Criminal History must be obtained prior to employment
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and list of at least three professional references to:
Heather Weleski, Library Director
No phone calls, please. No walk-ins.