The Kittanning Public Library Board of Trustees seeks an energetic library director to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Library. The director must be capable of creating a vision for the library and possess the skills necessary to bring that vision into reality. The director must be detail-oriented, have clear communication skills, be comfortable with technology, have a working knowledge of library management systems, possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be willing to learn and teach staff and patrons.
Full time –Salaried position 35 hours per week. May include evenings and weekends.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Library Assistant Certification: Associate’s degree or 2 years of academic studies (60 credits) including 9 credits in Library Science
- Computer and internet experience
- Clear communication skills
- Familiar with library automation systems
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds
- Must possess a current driver’s license
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with the library board, city/county officials and community leaders
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Oversee daily operations, equipment and maintenance of the library
- Perform administrative tasks including supervising employees and volunteers
- Place material orders and oversee the processing and maintenance of materials
- Prepares a yearly budget for board approval
- Prepares yearly data collection reports
- Maintain Library’s website
- Develop and promote the services and programs of the library
- Seek grant funding opportunities for library programming and technology needs
- Administer policies approved by the board and in compliance with state and federal law
- Complete a minimum of 8 hours of continuing education each year
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Annually: Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Not available for remote work
All library positions require the following clearances: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and FBI fingerprint based record check.
APPLY: Email a current resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Kittanning Public Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.