Mars Area Public Library
General Description: Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Library Director guides Mars Area Public Library’s mission to inform, educate, entertain, and culturally enrich by managing library operations and overseeing the development now and into the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations
- Plan, draft, and administer standard procedures for library operations and services
- Research and introduce new technology into library operations
- Research and introduce new programs and services into library operations
- Hire, supervise and evaluate library staff and volunteers
- Conduct staff orientation, workshops, and meetings
- Represent library presence and build relationships with other organizations in the community including supporting municipalities and school district
- Work cohesively with the Butler County Federated Library System and New Castle Library District
- Plan and implement annual campaign
- Manage donor database
- Prepare and administer the annual budget as approved by the Library Board
- Prepare necessary financial records and reports
- Prepare materials for the Library’s annual audit or review
- Prepare materials for the Library’s state reports
- Coordinate building maintenance and improvement projects
- Advise Library Board of problems and needs in all areas of library operations
- Make recommendations to the Library Board for improving library services, policies, budget, goals, and long range planning
- Assist the Board with strategic planning and policy development
- Implement policies and directives of the Library Board
- Master of Library Science from ALA accredited school, required.
- Federal Criminal background check, PA criminal record check and PA child abuse history clearances must be obtained upon employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary: $47,000-$52,000; 35 hours weekly
If interested, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Library Director Position. Please attach a resume, cover letter and three references. Applications will be accepted through February 9th or until the position is filled.