Library Program Specialist
The part-time employee in this position serves the public by creating and implementing engaging library programs for community members of all ages. This will include but not limit to children’s programs that promote early childhood literacy, and STEM and STEAM initiatives for children and tweens. Also teen, adult, and family programs–based on interest and commitment to developing an all around dynamic programming service being offered to the Library’s community members. Salary commensurate based on experience.
Hours per week: range of 12 – 18, with more hours available as program offerings develop and grow.
Maintain statistics re: number of programs offered and attendance.
Creates marketing material for programs using Canva or something similar, and posts on Facebook and Instagram
On occasion may be needed to assist with circulation, and other general library duties or administrative tasks (not often, but may occur once in a while).
- High School graduate; preferred college graduate or higher (majoring or majored in Education, Library Science, Social Sciences etc.)
- Experience with MS OFFICE products (excel, word, publisher, etc)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have a passion for the delivery of library programs and services, as well as a sense of commitment to developing new library programs that community members will value, learn from, and enjoy
- All clearances must be provided at time of hire
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to follow directions, and take suggestions well
- Provides updates on changes with planned programming, or commencing new programs.
- Knowledge of creating and uploading posts onto social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Knowledge of child, tween, and teen development and how to interact with community members of various age groups accordingly
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, as well as co-workers
- Ability to handle the occasional stressful situation that may arise when working with the public
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as contact information for 3 references (2 must be professional references, that is work / previous or prior employer or supervisor references). Thank you!