Join our team! The Erie County Public Library in Erie, Pennsylvania is seeking a media savvy person to lead our online presence and be the point person for A/V equipment and space rentals at the Blasco Library.
This position will schedule rentable spaces at the Blasco Library and work closely with paying and non-paying renters to ensure a positive experience. The successful candidate will be a proactive troubleshooter and will be excited about introducing people and organizations to the library’s resources. They’ll be knowledgeable about audio/visual equipment and able to both work current equipment and recommend future purchases. Additionally, this position will be the library’s lead for social media engagement and will work closely with Library Administration and other library departments to craft a fun and consistent message.
Minimum education, training, and experience required:
- High School Diploma or GED AND 3 years of experience involving social media management and AV equipment use; OR Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or a related field
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with accuracy
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to use and troubleshoot AV equipment in auditorium/theater/large settings
- Experience in graphic design and/or institutional social media management
Conditions of employment:
The selected candidate will be pre-employment required to obtain, at their own expense, 3 forms of clearance, including PA State Police Criminal History Record Check, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI Criminal History Background Check including finger printing.
Salary and benefits:
- Pay rate starts at $16.17 per hour ($31,531.50 per year)
- Excellent benefits, pension, and health coverage
- This is a non-bargaining, non-exempt position
How to apply:
Apply through May 22 at https://careers.eriecountypa.gov/job-description/?post_id=4433