Interested in working in a great small library that is the center of the community and a positive change agent? The Millvale Community Library is the first-ever public library in Millvale and the newest library in the Allegheny County Library System. The Millvale Community Library is seeking a part- time clerk interested in working in a busy library environment. We are offering a 20 hr. clerk position. (Hours would most likely be Tuesdays 12-6 p.m. Wednesdays 10-3 p.m., Thursday 10-3 p.m., Fridays 10-2 p.m., and Saturday’s hours as needed). Hours could be subject to change. Salary based on experience. The ideal candidate would be able to start in late May.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working the front circulation desk.–registering patrons for library cards, processing customer holds and requests, checking in and out library materials.
- Providing basic computer instruction and assistance to public PC users.
- Overseeing the opening and closing process of the library as needed.
- Assisting with children’s and adult programming.
- Preparing new library materials for processing (covering books).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with public, supervisors, co-workers, and system wide
- Other duties as assigned.
The desire and ability to work with a diverse public and staff within diverse communities;
- Familiarity with online catalog, MS Windows and MS Office, electronic databases, Internet searching, and experience with library circulation software preferred;
- The ability to work flexible hours in accordance with the library hours of operation;
- The physical ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy loads (25+ pounds);
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record
If interested, please send an email to: (Susan McClellan)
email@example.com, Subject Line: Library Clerk Position. Please attach resume, cover letter, and three references stating why you are the right candidate for this position. Packets received by Friday, May 11th, 2018 will be given priority. No phone calls.