Moon Library is now hiring a part-time Circulation Desk Clerk. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Library Director Heather Panella at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 412-269-0334 with questions.
20+ Hours Per Week
- The Circulation Desk Clerk provides direct assistance to patrons, ensuring a smooth delivery of all library services, while completing basic clerical & circulation tasks as needed. This position requires 20+ hours of work per week, primarily evening and weekend shifts.
- Reports to the Customer Service & Circulation Manager (Direct Supervisor), Library Director, and/or Assistant Library Director.
- Provides direct support to patrons
- Checks patron materials in & out using circulation software
- Answers basic reference and readers’ advisory questions
- Assists with basic use of library equipment (i.e. computers/printer/fax/copier)
- Places holds on requested items
- Completes ILL requests
- Issues & renews library cards
- Completes general circulation duties:
- Completes daily holds paging lists
- Retrieves outside drop box for check-in
- Pages/shelves materials
- Inspects materials for damage/missing parts and makes repair/replacement recommendations as needed
- Communicates with patrons in-person and/or via telephone as needed
- Others as assigned by Customer Service & Circulation Manager
- High school diploma
- General computer & Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- 1-2 years customer service preferred
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours per shift, bend to low shelves, and lift 25+ pounds