The Oakmont Carnegie Library is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Library Team. This is a customer service-focused role at the Public Service desk providing information and support; and works with staff and patrons of all ages to provide inclusive and engaging programming and assists with Library’s community centered goals. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with enthusiasm, flexibility and motivation. Our goal at OCL is to insure a positive customer experience for all library users. The position is part-time and works under the supervision of the Library Leadership team.
The regular duties for this position are: (other duties may be assigned as needed)
· Provides support and service at the Public Service Desk including assistance to library patrons on the use of technology and office equipment.
· Provides support to Library staff on a regular basis as needed regarding the Public Service Desk, programming support and community outreach.
· Works in collaboration with Library staff to create and deliver STEM and STEAM programming for all ages.
· Ability to learn and maintain the following equipment: 3D printer, Cricut, sewing machine, hand tools, equipment software and evaluate future Maker Space equipment.
· Connects and builds appropriate relationships with local maker and craft community to support ongoing programming at the library.
· Oversight of Maker Space volunteers.
· Works closely with Technical Services Librarian, Youth Services Librarian and Library Director to maintain and develop Maker and STEAM programming.
· Prepares reports on services provided, including statistics, outcomes, and impacts.
· Fundraising support during events and Love Your Library campaign.
· At least two years’ experience in a library or teaching setting providing direct service.
· Knowledge of community resources including but not limited to crafting and creative community.
· Demonstrated time and project management skills.
· Ability to work with public and other staff members politely and with respect.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Skilled with computers: Office 365, Canva, email; printer, copier, flash drive, scanner, and art supplies.
· Monday 9:30-3
· Tuesday 2-8
· Thursday 9:30-5
· Saturdays on rotation and meetings as needed (The library is closed Sundays)
Approximately 17-25 hours per week, $15.00 – $17.00 per hour based on experience
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA preferred) with two years relevant experience working in a library or school OR high school diploma and 3+ years in an educational or library setting. All new hires are subject to drug testing, criminal background and PA Child abuse and fingerprint clearance checks.
Interested? Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references to email@example.com or mail to Beth Mellor, Oakmont Carnegie Library – 700 Allegheny River Boulevard, Oakmont, PA 15139. No phone calls.