The Plum Borough Community Library is seeking a Youth Services Librarian to plan and implement programs and services for youth (birth through Grade 5) and their families, on site and across the community. This position is for 30 hours a week, part-time.
What you will do:
- Design, promote, implement and evaluate library and community outreach services for youth (from birth to Grade 5).
- Plan, implement, and evaluate both library and outreach services which fulfill the diverse educational, recreational and personal needs of local youth.
- Adopt a community engagement mindset and develops and maintains effective relationships with schools, community groups, agencies, and non-profits that serve youth.
- Participate in the development of equitable library policies and procedures.
- Advocate on behalf of youth and families.
- Work with Teen program Coordinator to plan family programs for all ages.
- Cultivate an enjoyable environment for youth and families.
- Provide reader’s advisory for youth, parents and caregivers.
- Ensure the library’s collections include relevant print and digital resources aimed at specific interest and needs of the youth in the community.
- Work with the library director to maintain high quality standards for service.
- Build long lasting relationships by engaging with the community and developing strong lines of communication.
What you will need:
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating library programs and services for youth (from birth to Grade 5).
- Understanding of theories of infant, child and adolescent learning, literacy development and brain development and their implications for library service.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services for and with youth.
- Strong knowledge of current youth literature, interests and behaviors.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Education preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience working with youth and caregivers will also be given serious consideration.
- Ability to be organized and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, patrons, community groups and volunteer groups.
- Ability to drive a car and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Learn and stay current with emerging technology and trends.
Salary & Benefits:
- $15 per hour
- Part-time, 30 hours a week
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Retirement benefits available
Applications accepted until Thursday, Nov. 17th. Interested candidates can email a letter of interest, resume and list of three references to Pam Calfo. Please include YOUTH SERVICES LIBRARIAN in the Subject Line.
Pam Calfo, Director
Plum Borough Community Library
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Federal Criminal Background Check, PA Criminal Record Check & PA Child Abuse History Clearance are required upon offer of employment.
The Plum Borough Community Library provides equal opportunities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.