The Sewickley Public Library is accepting applications for the position of part time Children’s Librarian. The applicant must enjoy and respect children of all ages. The Sewickley Public Library is a suburban library 14 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, serves a population of over 14,000 people in the Quaker Valley School District. SPL is a very active library that hosts year-round programs for all ages.
The part time Children’s Librarian is responsible for providing reference services, readers advisory, and assisting with collection development. Pandemic duties include planning biweekly virtual Family Storytime and planning and preparing Make-and-Take craft kits. When in-person programming resumes, the librarian will be responsible for Family Storytime and other programming.
- Master of Library Science from an accredited American Library Association (ALA) Institution; MLIS Students may apply
- Applicate must provide Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse History and FBI Fingerprint Clearances upon offer of employment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CANVA, LibraryAware, FaceBook and YouTube
- Good communication, planning and organizational skills a must
- Have the ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, bend, lift, and carry up to 40lbs, operate a motor vehicle, and hold a valid driver’s license
The weekly hours for this position are Wednesday evenings from 4 – 9 PM; Saturdays (2nd and 4th) from 8:30 AM– 5 PM; and Sundays (1st, 3rd and 5th ) from 12:30 – 5 PM. Other hours may be available.
Applications will be accepted until an appropriate candidate has been identified. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Jen Farmerie, Head of Children’s Services
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn Street
Sewickley, PA 15143
or email: farmeriej@eiNetwork.net
Sewickley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer