The Laughlin Memorial Library in Ambridge, PA is seeking an enthusiastic and friendly part-time library clerk to work at the circulation desk for approximately 10-15 hours a week. Weekend and evenings included. A flexible schedule is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position works well in a team-oriented environment, enjoys working with people of all ages, possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, has strong customer service skills, can take initiative, and is able to learn and use computer applications as necessary for job duties and be trained in any additional tasks.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Checking in/out of library materials
- Registering patrons
- Handling fines and fees
- Assisting patrons with basic computer questions/tasks
- Answering directional, procedural and programming questions
- Fulfilling item requests for patrons
- Retrieving items from book drop
- Making phone calls as needed
- Reshelving materials
- Assisting with opening/closing duties, including startup and shutdown of computers and other equipment
- Using copy and fax machines
- Assist with programs and community outreach if needed
- Other duties as assigned
For full consideration, please submit resume/cover letter and 3 professional references to Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Job open until filled.
Must present results of three (3) clearances included in link below: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/KeepKidsSafe/Clearances/Pages/default.asp
For FBI Fingerprinting registration use service code:
1KG756 – : Employee >=14 Years Contact w/ Children