SUMMARY: The Social Media & Marketing Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and designing all public communication of programs and services via email, social media, and in-house flyers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and promotes positive working relationships with staff and public
- Understands and adheres to library procedures and policies
- Gather programming information from staff and create graphics and communications for the public
- Create the programming calendars
- Assist with answering patron questions about programs and services
- Assists with circulation of materials
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be willing to work nights and Saturdays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience creating communications and graphics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 2 years of relevant experience
This position will be 15-20 hours a week and will pay $12/hr.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All library positions require the following criminal background and child abuse clearances: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, and fingerprint ID based on federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI).
South Park Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.