The library is looking for an innovative, motivated and discerning individual to develop displays and exhibits for the display cases at the library. The ideal candidate has a well-versed background in the arts, has the ability to work independently, and possesses strong communication skills.
The Display Case Coordinator/Curator is responsible for selecting collections, artwork, historical items, etc., for display in the Library’s display cases. The position requires discernment for appeal and appropriateness to maintain the community standards in the Quaker Valley area.
Basic position requirements:
- Research, plan and implement educational and engaging displays on behalf of the library.
- Handle and coordinate requests from individuals and outside organizations for use of the display cases.
- Communicate with artists, organizations and library staff to coordinate displays and item sales.
- Create promotional materials that advertise and publicize the library and its displays.
- Plan promotional events to enhance the visibility of displays for cultural awareness.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for prolonged periods of time and be able to carry items up to 20 lbs.
The position requires an ability to understand policies and procedures and to exercise independent judgment. The candidate who is selected will need to obtain PA Child Abuse/FBI Clearances and successfully pass a criminal background check.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Work experience coordinating displays/exhibits in a library, museum or gallery preferred
- Computer skills required
The pay rate for this position is $14.00 – $15.00 per hour, based on experience.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to: Carolyn Toth, Executive Director
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn Street
Sewickley, PA 15143