We are seeking a dedicated professional with a strong commitment to customer service. Good communication, planning and organizational skills a must. The primary responsibilities for this position include: reference work, collection development, customer service, programming and other activities as assigned by the assistant director.
- MLS from ALA-accredited program or equivalent library experience. (MLS students may apply)
- Experience with an online integrated library system.
- Proficient in computer and internet use.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing and evolving Library procedures, priorities and information technologies.
- Good knowledge of professional library theories, issues and trends.
- Experience with a library ILS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Frequent bending, lifting, reaching and stooping to select and shelve library materials as well as to set up and take down programming materials.
- Sitting, standing and walking.
- Lifting and carrying, 25 pounds or less
Reports to: Assistant Director
Expected Hours and Pay
Part-time, 14 – 22 hours per week and will include a day shift, an evening shift and two weekends per month.
Starting pay rate: $19 / hour.
Applications will be accepted until appropriate candidates have been identified.
Send cover letter and resume to: Dustin Shilling, Assistant Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Sewickley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer