This is a 20 hour per work week position – Pay rate is $15.00 per hour
The Teen Literary Coordinator will focus on establishing a teen department of the library, which will include assisting in the development of a teen book collection; planning, coordinating and conducting teen programming; establishing a Teen Advisory Board; and, in general, promoting a teen-focused environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Design, plan, initiate and conduct a variety of programs/activities to encourage the use of the library and arts programming by teens.
- Establish a Teen Advisory Board and serve as the board’s sponsor.
- Assist in the coordination/administration of special programs for teens.
- Work collaboratively with the Youth Literary Coordinator on collection selection designed to address teen interests.
- Design and implement programs for teens and their parents/caregivers that promote academic enrichment, literacy, career planning, job readiness, health and well-being, social skills and general library usage.
- Provide guidance to teenage learners assigned to work temporarily in the library, i.e., Learn and Earn participants.
- Collect and maintain data on programs and teen attendance and prepare associated reports.
- Craft and coordinate local outreach to schools and organizations about literacy and library services.
- Assist patrons/teens in the use of library resources and services.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent; post secondary education preferred
- Experience working with teens/youth and knowledge of youth development/interests
- Ability to work with teens, including the ability to motivate teens and manage teen behaviors
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Customer-orientation and ability to work with the public
- Multi-tasking skills and availability for daytime, evening and weekend work hours
- Act 33/34 clearances provided prior to employment
- Resident of the Sto-Rox community preferred.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and three references with the subject line “Part-Time Teen Literary Coordinator” to Beverly Ludlum, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com by Friday, April 30.